Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emulators..... Using it is not bad at all.



I belong to a family of the middle class, and at the time that I have my transition of renting to play Playstation 2, emulators are my friends in terms of playing some classics that I grew up with in the past, and the same time opening new frontiers for me like playing the underrated games that had great gameplay and concrete storyline. 

I know, most of you people would be saying things like "Using emulators are kind of piracy" or statements adhering the hate over these, but look unto this perspective. Do you think the game companies like Nintendo, Sony, Sega and many other consoles are still available in the market up this date? It's not, but if you want to buy those old consoles, there are sites like Amazon or E-bay that sells them for a huge amount, of course excluding the shipment of that console, not to mention the game cartridges or CDs, that are also expensive.

True, it is piracy at some points, but there are gamers out there that don't have the luxury of buying these consoles, or the games for those consoles, because of the cost. I know the playing value of using an emulator is not the same as you really play them on their consoles, but for now, if you really want to play and fuel the fire of your gaming desire. It's not that bad, and the game companies, are not against it, so it means emulators must be legitimate. 

I have bunch of emulators on my computer and I pick up games like Final Fantasy II(IV), Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, Vagrant Story, and many other RPGs that are well known and least known and I'm really thankful for emulators, because of it, I might not discover games like Terranigma, Koudelka, Treasures of Rudra and many other rare and unique games.

I promise to purchase every console and games as possible in my lifetime, and if possible, I would love to play every RPGs that are available from the NES era to today's console. But for now, I would resort to emulators, and thank goodness they are here to stay. ^_^  




No comments:

Post a Comment