Wednesday, September 14, 2011

MC Frontalot and Voltron reference? OH YEAH, you heard me right!


Voltron, as a child growing up in the 90's I love these mech type "save the world" Japanese animations, of course including Voltes V, Daimos and Mazinger Z. But who wouldn't thought that someone who is also a nerd like who used on digging on these mechanized white knight robots would be used in a song? I don't know anyone as of yet that did it magnificently like MC Frontalot is:

I'll Form the Head - MC Frontalot feat. Zealous1 and Doctor Awkward


And it's quite a co-incidence that his album entitled "Solved", really solved that void that I forgot from my childhood, and was resurrected after listening to his song "I'll Form the Head"(Voltron formation reference FTW!). And the fact that Zealous1 and Dr. Awkward added color and more references to the characters of Voltron in the song really makes it not just a fun song to listen, but also gives you that nostalgic kick that makes you smile every time you hear their lines in the song.


If you haven't owned a copy yet, and you're a fan of MC Frontalot, buying the album is a must! After all, he's one of the 1337357 nerds out there, and he's one cool person too(haven't met him in real life, but talked to him via Facebook, and to tell you, he's really an awesomesauce person!) and would be glad that you appreciate his work. And thank you Front, I'll go watch myself some Voltron and oh, one more thing: "And I'll form the head!"



No comments:

Post a Comment